My new area is a lot smaller than my other area, it's a whole different experience. We finally moved into our new home, which is still missing a few things... like the oven isn't hooked up to the gas quite yet... But it's a super nice apartment. One of the nicest on the mission I've been told. My struggle is still with the language, but I understand a lot more. On Sundays at church I actually understand things and can feel the spirit a lot stronger. Now, I'm practicing expressing my thoughts into words with my thick accent. Opa! And starting all over learning the names of everyone at church and getting to know people, you know- doing everything out of Sister Duncan's comfort bubble. I like what someone said one time, that someone once told her- "You didn't come on a mission to be comfortable." Opa! Isn't this true, I'll change it to- "you didn't come to earth to be comfortable." We came to learn. To change.
We're teaching a mother and her son, they came to church. (: Woohoo! I think the coolest part was that the son had come not on his own terms, probably in his eyes- forced. But he walked away asking that his mother bring him back. How many times in our lives have our parents "forced" us to do something, then look back and we're grateful? For me, countless.
Lastly, thinking back on change: A quote from a talk I was reading this morning.
President Holland quoted A favorite British scho lar, who said said: “I do not think tha t all who choose wrongroads pe rish; but their rescue consist s in being put back on the rig ht road.A [mathematical] sum [ incorrectly worked] can be put right: but only bygoing back till you find the error and [ then] working it afresh from t hatpoint, never by simply goin g on. Evil can be undone, but it cannot‘develop’ into good. Time does not heal it. The spe ll must be unwound.”2
Thank you families and friends for all the support and love. Thank you for being you. Life simply wouldn't be the same. I wish I could express just how grateful and blessed I am. One day into eternity you'll know. (:
LOVE,
SISTER DUNCAN
No comments:
Post a Comment