
Imagine the scale of mercy and justice. And that we've been given many little pieces to put on each side of the scale, and in order to enter into God's presence, the scale must balance. Placing your good deeds and sins and receiving consequences according to what you did. I imagine myself trying to solve the problem, putting little more on the left side and then a little more on the right. Almost as frustrating as putting together a jigsaw puzzle with pieces the size of rice. I imagine the longer we sit and try to balance out the difference, the more hopeless and frusterated we would get. At time in my life I think I understood the sacrifice of Jesus Christ like pieces I could put on the scale and would magically center itself. The more faith the more balanced, the more of good- the less of bad in my life. When this past Sunday I realized that in the midst of all the pieces I was trying to put together, it was I looked up and the Savoir was handing me a different balance, a different scale. My scale was white with each side the color of red- but this scale was all red- and when I put things on either side, I imagine them turning white- and the scale would never tilt one way or another. Testifying of a God of Justice and Mercy. At the very moment I imagined all this in my mind I felt emotional, imagining myself asking, "but how is it done?"
I testify that it's not through the little rocks and seeds of our faith, but Christ himself- our faith doesn't do the saving, our efforts are part of the process, but not the process itself. Christ is our scale, and as we exercise faith, repent, baptized, follow the Holy Ghost and continue on all our lives, we're made white on Christ's scale, in which He satisfied both sides.
It's amazing how much we think we understand something, but in truth, every week we learn and grow in a different direction.
This week was really good. It's transfers again- and I'll be staying in my little Jordanópolis, but my companion will be leaving to open an area in São Caitano. It'll be my first time being "Senior" companion, which in reality doesn't mean much more than more responsibility- and having to remember everyone and everything! Woo!
Today I ate some yummy Northeaster Brazilian food...Oh- it's good, simple as that. And it didn't even have gluten.
Expect Miracles! They're around every corner and come according to our faith. (=
I love you all sooooo much. Thank you sooo much. <3
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment