Happy Fourth of July!
To show this, I'll share an experience I had just yesterday. We have a pair of investigators where the wife is just so excited about getting baptized. She absolutely loves the Book of Mormon, she eats up everything we say and looks at us like we're crazy when we invite her to do something, like, "duh I'll do it. or I'm already doing it". She is so giving and loving, and just loves to learn. Her husband has been through so much, the military, medical problems- and history that haunts him. He also loves reading the Book of Mormon (we do it with him because he has trouble reading). He learns better with what he sees and feels rather than reading though. So we brought "The Prophet of the Restoration" over for him to watch. During the movie I know I felt the Holy Ghost so strongly, the Spirit was just present- He just was, a fact in my mind. I was worried though that our investigators couldn't feel what I was feeling.
At the end of the movie I asked him how he felt, "There was such a strong power in here, I just don't think anyone in here but me realizes how strong a power that was here." I felt a chiding warmth from the Spirit saying, how could you doubt? How could I doubt that real power? And we can teach with it, and as we teach with it, or speak with it, or just make sure we create an environment where the Spirit can be, how can you doubt that others will be able to feel it as well?
That's the power of the Restoration of the Gospel through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We met a man the other day who said, "we don't need Mormons. We need followers of Christ" He's right, and we explained that 'Mormons' is our nickname, we are the Church of Jesus Christ in the last dispensation! I don't think he really understood. But I left that house still positive, thinking, I stand as a witness that God lives! That Christ is the Savior of the world! And Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. While some people don't understand, there are so many people who are prepared and willing to hear. And every week I'm shown this by the people we meet.
I love Michigan, especially the people's love for this country. I love these scriptures with the Title of Liberty:
Alma 46: 20-22
12 And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—aIn memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his abreastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the btitle of liberty) and he cbowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of dChristians remain to possess the land—
14 For thus were all the true believers of Christ, who belonged to the church of God, called by those who did not belong to the church.
15 And those who did belong to the church were afaithful; yea, all those who were true believers in Christ btook upon them, gladly, the name of Christ, or cChristians as they were called, because of their belief in Christ who should come.
16 And therefore, at this time, Moroni prayed that the cause of the Christians, and the afreedom of the land might be favored.
I feel so blessed to be who I am, where I am, and all that the Lord has in store me and all of you! Especially those I know, my family and friends, nothing is accidental. (:
Ah, I love Michigan. (: Love you all! Keep faith! Hope! Seek after those things that are lovely and of good report. (:
With love, Sister Duncan
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his abreastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the btitle of liberty) and he cbowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of dChristians remain to possess the land—
14 For thus were all the true believers of Christ, who belonged to the church of God, called by those who did not belong to the church.
15 And those who did belong to the church were afaithful; yea, all those who were true believers in Christ btook upon them, gladly, the name of Christ, or cChristians as they were called, because of their belief in Christ who should come.
16 And therefore, at this time, Moroni prayed that the cause of the Christians, and the afreedom of the land might be favored.
I feel so blessed to be who I am, where I am, and all that the Lord has in store me and all of you! Especially those I know, my family and friends, nothing is accidental. (:
Ah, I love Michigan. (: Love you all! Keep faith! Hope! Seek after those things that are lovely and of good report. (:
With love, Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment