Guess what! Brazil was celebrating Fourth of July as well! I bet you would have never guessed, there were fireworks and everything! What was strange that the fireworks and cheers seemed to happen after a goal of Brazil during the World Cup. So this day I was wearing red, white, blue and green and yellow. (= I was a rainbow of sorts.
My father recounted something in his letter- that maybe reflected a little of my week. How sometimes we have a vision of how the future should and will be. And when it doesn't end up like we hope, we must continue seeking to see how God sees. Not just the people, but the work, the end of the game, not just the goal made by the other team (can you tell brazil is rubbing off on me a little?) but how you still have time to succeed, and maybe success isn't how we think it is. Success is love. And my mother sent me a part of psalms on gratitude... I don't think I could ever express or write everything that happened in this last week, but I think I can agree that gratitude is solution to our sorrows. Sometimes while I'm here I have this fear that I won't remember everything, how can I capture every moment to bring it with me into the future, but there'n no need for this fear when we truly are doing are best.
Hebrews 11. And faith is where it all starts.
I love you all, I'm sending my love to ya'll from Brazil. Never give in, never give up, just keep going and smile. Imagine if there was a day dedicated to smiling, I wonder how this would change the world.
Love, Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment