Monday, July 21, 2014

goodbye isn't f o r e v e r

"I'm not very good at goodbyes" is something I've heard a lot, but I'm not sure I know anyone who's "good" at goodbyes. 

I've been very blessed to be here for so long, but this morning when the call came and the zone leaders started to read off names, I don't think I heard anyones name after mine. "Sister Duncan, has been transferred" I haven't even thought about... where I'll be going, I think I'm a little too stuck. I can't complain to the Lord, because He's let me stay here in my little Jordanópolis with my evil twin companion (we're a lot alike) for longer than I could have hoped. 

There's lots of different types of goodbyes. The ones that were never said, but implied, the sad ones, the happy ones (I hope are more rare)- but I'll repeat again a saying that I love. "To take the sadness out of life, would be to take the love out of life." It's a part of us. 

I've been thinking about the different types of pains that we feel here on earth. And while this pain may be similar, I believe it's a little different in every situation, because of "what" the love was and the people and personalities envolved. Yesterday during sacrament meeting I was thinking about two pains that are universal, no matter who, what, when, or how. Hunger. Thirst. Physically, and I believe the physical hunger and thirst are to help us remember of the spiritual hunger and thirst that we all have, or must have, or don't know that we have. And it suddenly gave the sacrament another point of veiw...I remembered that Christ is the bread and water of life, that if we eat and drink that we'll never hunger or thirst. And sacrament is just a little bread, a little water, because truly we must rely more in things spiritual than physical. When we fast, it's another reminder of this. 

I know that this hunger and thirst for spiritual treasures, help me remember to seek to do the Lord's will. His will for me. And this change, any change in my life, or your life, there's a "why" for everything, and we're here to discover it. We will, too, if we're sencerely seeking and ready to replace OUR ideas, beliefs, loves, with the Lord's ideas, truths, and loves. 

Maybe it's not written in the scripture like this, but I know, with all my heart, that goodbye isn't forever when we seek to do our best, always. 

I love you all, I'm grateful for you all, to have ya'll part of my journey, even when far away. 

Sister Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment