| A little shop that has a lot of yummy things from the North of Brazil, sooooo good. One day I hope to visit the North! |
We're working with an older gentleman, who looks and sounds german, and even knows a little german. He also pronounces his "r"s like a German, or how I'd imagine a German. I'll call him German here. He's in his 60s, had a stroke (yes, I had to look this word up in the traslator, because I forgot in Englsih...so yes, the Portuguese is coming and English going- but now I have an English class to help me remember just how much English I'm forgetting! Woo! (: ) five years ago that left him unable to speak and paralyzed in the leg. Today he can talk, walk, has a couple of health problems, but no longer smokes and drinks like he used to. I wish I could film him in one of our lessons, I'm tempted- but I'll try to describe how he listens, and reacts to the truths that we teach. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation, we literally couldn't teach one principle without him stopping us with a question. Things simple like, "we're all literally sons and daughters of a loving heavenly father". His eyes would grow big and have us repeat everything about our lives with our Heavenly Father before coming to earth to be tested. Usually the people we teach don't allow silence, they fill it- but he feels no shame or embarressment and lets it sink in, he smiles and nods. At moments tears filling his eyes.
I know the Lord puts in our lives those we need, and those who need us. This work is wonderful! Beautiful! But it's not just for missionaries! I wish I had known before my mission how these blessings were available to everyone. Now I know, and you can come to know too, even those valiant women who don't or didn't have the opportunity to serve a mission. Because really it's in the service of others that you can have spiritual opportunities every day!
I love my Heavenly Father and Savior. I love you all. Thank you for everything.
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment