And now, I'm not quite sure all that happened. Transfers is coming up the next week, and with the incoming missionaries, I'm worried about being transferred, but not so worried, because I think I'm beginning to understand the word "change" a little better. And "time".
Alma 40:8 "....and time only is measured unto men."
And of anyone, I think missionaries, and maybe family of missionaries come familiar of this. The mission seems to be just one day. But also, time is given unto us as a gift. Something precoius, something that cannot be merely traded.
Alma 42:4 "And thus we see, that there was a atime granted unto man to repent, yea, a bprobationary time, a time to repent and serve God."
Time was given so that we could repent, but in simpler terms, time was given so that we could change. And the more I come to understand this on the mission, the more I want to plan each moment out and use it like I understand the gift given.
And I know that I've been given this time because of the sacrifice of my family and friends who gave me opportunities to work, and I know it's been given to me ultimately by my Heavenly Father. Who I know loves me and each person we know. I know that while Easter has passed, the time in history when Christ resurrected- is an eternal truth- and I know we can treasure this truth in our hearts constantly, finding ways to celebrate this miracle every day.
Thank you so, I love you all- with great love,
Sister Duncan

No comments:
Post a Comment