I don't have a lot of time on the computer- but know that this week was even hotter than last, and yes, I melt a little more each day.
I've been thinking a lot about the sacrifice of Christ for each of us. A sacrifice that Christ made for everyone in the world, but the blessings of his sacrifice for only those who accept this sacrifice...And to receive his present, his Atonement, we must also offer sacrifices. But what sacrifices? Because the law of Moses was fulfilled in the sacrifice of Christ.
3 Nephi 9:20
20 And ye shall offer for a sa crifice unto me a broken heart and acontrite spirit. And who so cometh unto me with a broke n heartand a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire a nd with the HolyGhost, even as the Lamanites, because of the ir faith in me at thetime of t heir conversion, were baptized with fire and with the HolyGh ost, and they knew it not.
And in obeying any commandment of God requires a love for God and for all mankind. It requires more than often, sacrifice.
I've seen this on the mission. Personally, in the lives of other missionaries, and in those we teach.
Thank you all of you who I know, who have been examples of sacrificing to help others. And continue to do so today, to bless your family, friends, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I love you all!
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment