AI! The weeks here pass SOOoooOOoo FAST! I can't believe it's been another week. This week for my Portuguese, it's getting better, as it- people somewhat understand me when I try and teach a principle, and I get compliments on my pronunciation, so that makes me feel better, even though when I want to say something and don't know how, that's hard...But I've been blessed with an American companion. She's awesome, I've been really blessed with all the companions I've had on my mission, even in my life- all the people that I've come to know.
This week I went on exchanges with a missionary who didn't speak
English. It wasn't as terrible as I had imagined, but I actually felt
like it would be okay, and it was. Yeah... I didn't understand
everything, and I used my dictionary A LOT. But I helped her with
English, because she wants to learn (she's from Africa!) and it made
me realize how good it feels to help people, and helped me recognize
that people like to help, and that people wouldn't mind if I asked for
help with my Portugues. So I'm going to try and put that into use... I
did on Sunday a little, but since my companion wasn't with me, I
wasn't sure if they were laughing at me or if I could laugh with
them... Hahaha.
Don't be afraid to ask for help! I was reading in an Ensign and it had
10 ways to recognize if we are converted or not. One of them was if we
seek ways to improve, we ask people what we can do better. This takes
the ultimate amount of humility! I'm sure you can imagine. But people
like to help, and especially if there's something you admire about
someone, ask them how they developed that talent if you want it.
Today I only had an hour on the computer- sorry if I didn't get to
everyones emails. I love you all SO much. I'm so glad I'm here. I know
there's a reason for everything. For example, yeah, I'm very NOT a
city girl, in the middle of one of the BIGGEST cities in the world,
but it's raining today, and it's a lot cooler here than in the North,
and I know the Lord shows his tender mercies and knows what we can
handle. He really does know us and love us perfectly.
<3
Sister Duncan
| Ants in a line down a tree |
| more ants |
No comments:
Post a Comment