Monday, September 29, 2014

We are ALL, We can do ALL

I remember my grandfather doing a presentation for me before I left on my mission. I don't remember all that was said, but I remember the feelings I felt, I remember that it was about the Plan of Salvation. Which has answers to three questions that many people have, "Where did we come from?", "What is our purpose here on the earth?", "Where will we go after this life, after death?". These questions of the soul, thanks to the restored gospel and a prophet, have certain responses. But also responses to other questions like, "Who am I?" and "What does God think of me? Is He happy of what I'm doing?" 

Something that I've learned on the mission is the difference between doubt and questions. Like darkness and light cannot live in the same place, so our doubts and faith cannot dwell together in our hearts, it's not possible. But, is it possible to have faith and questions? Yes! We should always have questions, especially in how we can do better every day. But never doubt in our Savior and the ability to receive answers to our prayers and questions. 

You know those moments that change your life? Where it not only touches your life in that very moment, but the thought stays in your mind, you think about it, perfect it, until it becomes a part of you...

We had a conference of missionaries, like a training- and our new mission President presented a vision. And I'd like to, if possible, convey what I can in simple words, and if you'd like, apply them to your lives. 

I think of vision like hope. A vision of something you can imagine that could be, and then doing all in your power to create what you imagined. I think of dreams a little more wishy washy and often broken, but a vision also can break, if not correctly constucted. But how can we create this vision?

God has the perfect vision of everything, the past, the now, and the future. And to show us this vision, he sends prophets. These prophets break down barriers of small thinking, small dreaming, small visions. How many people I've talked to who don't understand the importance of ressurrection, the Atonement, or even why it's important to know the answers to these questions that I presented at the beginning...Because they don't understand the vision that God has of us, who we are. 

In short I like what one Elder presented in his talk, 

"We are ALL, We can do ALL."

Our potential is limitless, who we are- children of God, children of a King, therefore princes and princesses to be, if we can catch this vision. There's nothing that we can't do, and that's why God sends a Prophet it our day, apostles, missionaries- to break down these barriers to let in the powers of heaven and create visions that no man could create. 

I have a testimony of who we all are, who I am, who I can become, and who we ALL can become, if we're humble, if we listen, if we ask, if we don't doubt- and seek a vision higher than the last. And this vision is never ending, so great that we can't receive it all at once. I hope you all know how much I love you all. And if you're feeling a burning in your chest while reading this, know that it's the Spirit telling you that it's true. And don't forget it, because the winds of temptations and storms of trials will come, and try to get you to forget. Never forget!

I love you all so, thank you for all your support. I love you so. 
Sister Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment