Monday, September 1, 2014

Ele QUER;

There's this saying here in Brazil, that I hear alot. Especially when I'm talking with people in the roads, 
"This Sunday do you have plans?"
"No..."
"Great! Visit the church this Sunday!"
"Se Deus quiser!" Which in translation is something like, "If God wants" 
When we schedule an appointment, and say, we'll see you Monday! "Se Deus quiser!" 
I've started to answer everyone who says this with, "Ele quer!!!" He wants it to be so!

Yes, everything must be done according to God's will. But God has given us our free agency, the ability to choose, and do all in our power that something happens. Satan will do all in his power to make sure that we don't know that we have the ability to choose, like it's too late- but I know and testify that if something outlined in the thirteenth article of faith, God wants us to do it. 

 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous,and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we followthe admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things,we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure allthings. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report orpraiseworthy, we seek after these things.
God also wants us to be men of our word, honest- like He is. God always fulfills his promises. Always. And in thinking we say- and in saying, we do! 

I love the mission. I love the people. I love Brazil. I'm seeing miracles everyday. Usually and often they aren't the miracles that I was waiting for. But if you're having a rough day, have hope- because it means that there's a miracle waiting for you tonight! (=

I love you all, thank you for all!
Sister Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment