Monday, August 11, 2014

live long and p r o s p e r (mosiah 2:41)

This miracle this week happened from a contact that the other sisters did a couple weeks ago when we left lunch when it wasn't ready. We had tried to visit him before, but he was never home. Then this past saturday, we passed and he was home! Halleluja! For the story's sake I'll call him Spock, because he looks just like Spock from star trek! 

So he came out, and he listened, and was very curious and I could tell sensitive to the spirit- marking a day with us that was less busy. 
"Do you have any plans tomorrow?" (which was Sunday) I asked. 
"Well, I was thinking that at 9am I'll be at church." He told us, how cool! But everyone says that they'll come to church. But I had a feeling it would be different when at the end of the conversation Sister Shell slipped and said, "Until Wednesday!" And he corrected her, "No, until tomorrow!" OPA!
"I sure hope Spock comes to church tomorrow!" I told Sister Shell. I mean, how cool if the actual Spock came to church?

We arrived at church a few minutes late- and the meetings had already started- I was peeking through the windows of the priesthood to see if we was there, and got sad as I didn't see him. I thought about lingering downstairs for a little to see if he would show up, when a member of the primary called us over. "Sisters, don't worry- the young man is already here. The one with smooth hair? yeah, he's here." I don't think even Labyrinth on a friday night or peanut butter ice cream could make me even a 100th of the degree of happiness that I felt, literally jumping for joy. 

Everyone at church loved him, he's an elect, sometimes I wish the members would like our investigators and treat them the same, whether elect or maybe a little slower. But he really liked church, and we're excited to teach him this week! He even confirmed that we would pass in his house. Woop!

We had another cool experience last night, teaching Espiritas, who believe in the reincarnation. Which I'm not really sure what it's called in English. But we bore testimony of eternal families, which they claimed to believe also, that they're reincarnated in the same families... In which they started to show us scriptures. And then we focused on the Book of Mormon, which has a true power. I was explaining how they could study Resurrection in the study guide, and then I opened the Book of Mormon to a random page to show how the Book of Mormon had references to the Bible. The wife suddenly said after a pause, "Look! It's talking exactly what we were talking about. Oh, I'll read it." She then read Alma 11:42-43

 42 Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death,that all shall be raised from this temporal death.
 43 The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame,even as we now are at this time; and we shall be brought to stand before God, knowing even as we know now, and have a bright recollection of all our guilt.
I felt this warmth in my chest, a feeling of awe, literally speechless looking at her and the scriptures. I think of that scripture when Christ was baffled at the people's unbelief. "Wow, how cool! What a coincidence." But I knew and know that there's a purpose to everything. I could tell that while the husband still seemed a little closed, the wife seemed more intrigued in reading the Book of Mormon.  

This week was full of miracles, full of answered prayers. Each day I have a stronger testimony of the power of prayer, but we have to be the one who gives this prayer power through our humility, gratitude, and really recognizing that we can't do anything alone. I've found answers to my prayers as well, in the scriptures, in feelings, in what other's have said- and through modern day revelation. I know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And He won't leave us alone, never- if we don't forget to close the gap through obedience and sacrifice. 

I love these truths I'm learning, I love my mission- I've come to understand things I'd never even dreamed of, become better- and I can see that there's still so much more ahead. I love my Savior, more than anything else in the world. I know that He has redeemed us, and loves us individually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment