
TRANSFERS!!! Guess what!!! I'm staying!! This has officially been the longest time I've stayed in an area, well, it already was, but also the longest that I've had with one companion. I get to stay with my evil Brazilian twin for one more transfer. (=
This week we had a miracle! Well, multiple, but one- my foot started to hurt this week, to the point of limping from one house to the other. Luckily we have a member in the ward who's a foot doctor! And she was kind enough to fix my nails, or whatever was wrong with them. While this was a miracle, I had started to question why this had started to happen to me, and before we went to see the member, I started to worry that it would have lasting results. But on the way back from the doctor's appointment we ran into a ex-investigator who we had thought was angry with us- because we had visited her almost EVERY day and couldn't get a hold of her, calling her and she wouldn't pick up. And there she was, "Look! It's Adriana!" Sister Alves said in a whisper, and we were aprehensive as we approached her, as she had seen us and was pretending like she hadn't. But as we got to talking to her, she had thought the same, that we had been angry with her because we had stopped visiting her- she had started to work and was never home, and something had happened to her phone. We marked a day to pass by in her house, and we're super excited to start visiting her again! She's an investigator who had come to general conference, months past in April, and I know the Lord looks after ALL His sheep, and that there's a reason for everything- we just have to be patient and continue, with faith that everything will work out for good.
We have stake conference and got to hear from two apostles. Did you know that apostle Elder Scott speaks Portuguese? He has a bit of a spanish accent that's hard to understand, but was really neat, how our talents really can be used to touch the hearts of many. He talked a lot about the importance of knowing and understand the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. He stressed the importance to set apart time to pray, not to be something quick and just talking with the Lord, but truly espressing ALL of our feelings with the Lord. And that we need to trust that ALL of our prayers will be answered. But to also remember that God only grants what's best for us. He won't give a child what he doesn't need or shouldn't have. The problem is that "love" for the world, is something that pleases us quickly, and is completely different than the Heavenly love that God has for us.
I know that we have a PERFECT Father in Heaven, and that he loves us PERFECTLY. I know that Christ is our Savior, and saves us all that is worldly and dirty, that we can feel His peace through His love.
Thank you for all the support, love, and prayers,
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment