There was one woman in our ward who spoke- she's the mother of 4 or 5- a talk that was inspiring, made me feel even more grateful for my mother. Not because I wasn't grateful, but I started to imagine what it's like to be a mother, how truly every mother isn't granted the handbook and all knowledge when a child is born, but just like a child grows, so will the woman as she learns how to care for the child individually. And the love that I don't think we can truly understand.
My mother is one of a kind. A mother who I'll never be able to express all gratitude. And I got to thinking about all the women in my life who have been mother figures, all contributing little things, if only confidence- to who I am today. Even our Heavenly Mother- who we don't talk about much, because of how sacred she is. But how aside every great man, is a woman.
Other thoughts I had this week was the process of our thoughts becoming our words, which take influence on our actions...And because of these actions we reflect on what we did and if it worked or not, and then back into the cycle- often becoming words talking about what we did, and either doing it again and better, or not (our actions) and the cycle goes on!
These two thoughts don't connect very well. But I want to express my gratitude and testify of the importance of mothers. Importance of everything we think, say, and do- and all these will be seen and influence others.
The church is true!
We have a prophet today!
Who's guided by our Savior.
Who's the Divine Son of our Heavenly Father.
With love,
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment