WHAT? Another week flown by. Yeeeesh. AHh, ten minutes until the Lan House closes...
I have a picture of where I was today, but it's not working. Psh. Today for P-Day, or Preperation day, we went to vinte cinco de Março, it's a well known road with lots of different kinds of shops. We visited this historical building of a bank, which is really tall and they let you go to the top five at a time. Wow, the city is a different kind of beauty, but still beautiful. It was really neat.
My companion is really good at working with the members of the ward (congregation). I think that's one thing I learned this week, not that I didn't know it's importance, but because I didn't understand it's importance. There's three things our mission focuses on: conversion of the missionary, conversion of the investigators, and conversion of the ward. Without the ward or friendships, our investigators get lost, sheep of the fold of Christ get lost. That's also why I have a great testimony of the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ, that it truly is HIS church, because Christ would never forget anyone. His mission was to administer to people individually.
Annnnd when you make friendships in the ward, you get dinner and lunch. (; Hahaha.
Oh, if I wasn't Oregonian enough, everyone starting to call me a hippie here. I think it's not a bad thing. The way I dress... My purse which I'm still trying to replace- and my "calming" presence or something.... One missionary from the North of Brazil said that they call hippies- bicho grilos, or cricket.
Soo, much love from your cricket missionary,
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment