So this transfer, there was the question if we would have a baptism or not in our ward. The other sister from the other dupla in our ward who is also leaving with me this week (that's right! I'm coming home! bitter sweet) told me early on how she would be happy if they had a baptism or not. For me this was difficult to accept, especially in the end I wanted to end with a BANG. So- I had to pray a lot, to find peace, to work hard, and feel like I was doing all in my power so that God could do His part.
Our district leaders offered to do a fast with us so that Laura, an investigator, would receive her answer. I remember the heat returning this week- it's been pretty wicked. Everyone is saying it's the driest weather that São Paulo has had in 100 years. A sort of dryness that belongs to the North of Brasil. And now I know truly why I'm here instead of the North, if I served in the North, I would return in a puddle of melted missionary goo. Anyways, so it was hard- but this week as I've offered the desires of my heart in prayer, but leaving it the hands of a Loving Heavenly Father, oh the miracles I've seen!
Also, Laura is the kind of person when she decides something, she goes through with it. I think it's because of the japonese ancestors. After much walking in the sun these past days, praying and all- this Sunday Laura decided and took the greatest step in her life- that will continue changing her life. Like she has changed mine. I've truly seen that our vision is very small in comparison to God.... But He's willing to let us see with His eyes if we seek Him.
I'm so grateful for this time that I've had on a mission. I truly wish it could go on forever, and still get to see my family. But I would never trade these 18 months with anything, nothing- never ever. They've changed my life, who I am- not my personality, not the parts that make me who I am, but molding me into a better me, more like Christ me- and though I have a long way to go, I now have a solid ground and testimony of our Savior and the changing power that He's given us. I know that this work is true. I know that Christ lives and that He guides us today through a prophet, like He did in times of old.
Thank you, all of you, for your prayers and love. There's nothing better than the support of a family, and of friends. I've been eternally blessed with ya'll.
And... see ya'll in a couple days. o.o
wow.
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment