The air is crisp, and I love it! I'm enjoying it while I can! I have a feeling Brazil will be completely different. I feel so blessed that I can be here in Michigan right now. The trees are teasing me with their goldens and crimsons in the tips of their leaves. Deep purples and crispy leaves. Why is there so much satisfaction from the sound of crispy leaves? The fascination began at a young age, and it hasn't stopped! Michigan is so beautiful, and being from Oregon, I very much appreciate the chill in the air. This last week at the end of the day, one of my companions heard the rain outside. As we paid attention to the sound we realized that it was pouring. After confirming our suspicions by glancing outside, we agreed that three minutes of dancing in the rain was a great idea. We got outside just in time, because the bulk of the storm started to fade to normal Oregon type of rain. We twirled and laughed, and splashed each other in the puddles like mature woman we were. For being out literally three minutes, we were very wet, but for me it was satisfying.
A mission goes FAST! Tomorrow it will be five months since I entered the MTC. So moments of getting wet, really truly slowing down, remembering life, the reason why I'm here- it is so humbling and amazing to think that I am right here, right now. It's in these contemplative moments that I am so grateful for life itself. That I am alive, that it's because of people before me that I am who I am today, and that I will become part of that past one day- but that there's still a future. And time suddenly becomes very short, as one of my companions today said it- life isn't that long in the eternal perspective. When you see things how God sees things. And truly it's because of God that I am here today and who I am.
Alma 26: 11-12 "But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
This week is going to be super exciting! We have a baptism on Saturday! It will be the first baptism happening in the same area as me. Her name is Nancy, and I feel super blessed to be a part of her life. She reminds me of one of the people in my last area, she just absolutely LOVES the Book of Mormon. I've heard that the Book of Mormon will resonate with the elect. Both of these women have been an awesome example of not only change, but of desire. Both can't seem to put the Book of Mormon down. They drink it up. I'm so excited for her, I'm sad I couldn't have known her when my companions door knocked into her, but I'm glad to know her now at least.
Life is not easy. But all is possible with our Heavenly Father. Stick to your guns! Or...faith! Everything will work out for your good if you always put God first. I know that we all have great purpose and potential as children of our Heavenly Father. I know that God speaks to us the same way he has in the past, through a prophet today, to let us know what we need to know how we can return to our Heavenly Family. I know that family is the central part of God's plan here on earth, and I am SO grateful for all the family that I have, and friends- all that I've known and will ever get to know.
With love,
Sister Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment