What a week! I think I could say this has been the fastest week with the longest days. Our area is going through another trial...I guess we weren't really specific in our fasting and praying when we found our Mormon non-mormon. We had our last lesson with him this week, got some pictures...I'm going to miss them, but the Holt ward has been really welcoming and I know he's going to love it, and it's where the Lord wants him.
I read Drew's letter about it raining the night before he left or for his birthday or something- and it's crazy that it rains in August here in Michigan like it does in Oregon. I needed the rain this morning, otherwise my sleep might have gotten the better of me. I've been working on shooting out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. It has gotten easier, but it's still the same battle every morning. I think the morning and night is when temptation definitely is the strongest. Interesting that the scriptures talk about wicked people being asleep and calling them to "Awake!" I feel like that every morning, commanding my body to come to repentance or something. Awake! Ah, but like any bad habit you try to get out of...or into I guess. It's easier with practice and determination.
Michigan is awesome, it's beautiful. The branch here is so kind, we had four dinner appointments this past week, which was crazy! I think they're starting to trust us more...Funny, that it's not about feeding us that they're worried about (though with my diet some are, or ignore it completely...) but about letting us into their home. I imagine nonmembers are even more wary, which is why service is so important. Which makes me think about how awesome the priesthood is, because with it man cannot help himself, it's on earth to bless other's lives. I was so excited to hear that Josh got the priesthood recently! It's such a blessing nowadays, something unique, importantly so to this church.
Thank you for your prayers! And a big thank you to all those that wrote on my letter from the Family reunion! It was awesome to see so many handwritings and know that they were all related to me, family has been such a huge blessing in my life, thank you for all of you! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment